Do I Need An Attorney To File A Homeowner’s Property Damage Claim?
Homeowners face the risk of property damages in Daytona Beach due to a variety of causes. Insurance policies you have in place are intended to protect you but getting the amount you are entitled to in a settlement often proves challenging. A common question we hear from clients is, “Do I need an attorney to file a homeowner’s property damage claim?” The answer is yes, if you want to avoid out-of-pocket costs.
When To Get Help From A Property Damage Claims Attorney
Homeowner’s insurance policies are designed to reimburse you for losses due to adverse weather events, fires, or in cases of vandalism and theft. In addition to offsetting personal losses you suffer, homeowner’s property damage insurance can also protect you in the event someone is injured due to unsafe conditions while visiting your home.
After spending thousands of dollars for coverage, you expect the insurance company to pay when the time does come to file a claim. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for disputes to arise, resulting in settlement denials or delays. Having our experienced Daytona Beach property damage claims attorneys on your side can help to prevent this. Forbes advises that it is important to get legal help in the following types of cases:
- When there are disputes with the insurance adjuster sent by your insurer;
- When you have a large claim, such as due to home fires or extensive hurricane damage;
- When your have a complex case, such as loss of income from a home-based business;
- When the exact causes of your damages are hard to determine or are disputed by the insurer, such as in cases of mold;
- Whenever a property damage claim is denied or delayed.
How Our Daytona Beach Property Damage Claims Attorney Can Help
According to statistics from the Insurance Information Institute (III), roughly one out of every 20 homeowners ends up having to file a property damage claim each year. Among the most common causes are wind, hail, water damage, fires, lightning, and theft. In the midst of an already difficult situation, dealing with insurance companies often creates additional frustrations. Having an experienced Daytona Beach property damage claims attorney on your side makes the process easier and helps to ensure your rights in any settlements are protected. Steps we can take on your behalf include:
- Thoroughly reviewing all the damages you suffered;
- Reviewing the terms of coverage for policies you have in place and any exclusions that apply;
- Gathering the evidence needed to support your claim;
- Negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf;
- Appealing any decisions made that are not in your best interests.
Contact Us Today for Help
At Bundza & Rodriguez, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side when dealing with insurers. To request a consultation regarding how we can help in your case, call or contact our Daytona Beach property damage attorneys online today.