Daytona Beach Truck Accidents Lawyer
Due to their massive sizes and heavy weights, truck can cause serious damages and death, should they be involved in an accident. Our Daytona Beach truck accident attorneys have the resources and technical knowledge necessary to protect your rights. These tractor trailers or semi trailer trucks are involved in many serious, even fatal truck accidents every day in Florida. One out of every eight truck fatalities involves an accident with a semi-truck. The Bundza & Rodriguez law firm specializes in protecting the rights of those involved in serious truck wrecks.
The trucking industry is strictly regulated by state and federal government agencies to ensure that trucks and their drivers operate safely. The number of hours a driver may be on the road each day, how much weight a truck may haul, equipment maintenance, are just some of the areas regulated. Unlike drivers of personal vehicles, truck drivers must keep logs and closely account for their time.
Tractor trailers and other trucks can cause catastrophic injuries when they negligently crash into other vehicles. Trucking companies have unique rules and regulations, that can give rise to liability if they are broken. If you, or a family member, have been involved in a collision with a truck, it is important that you hire a law firm that is experienced with truck accidents so that you can be represented effectively. At Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A., we have secured substantial settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients in Daytona Beach, Volusia County and throughout the state of Florida.
How Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Trucking companies understand that an accident involving one of its trucks can lead to expensive legal costs. For this reason, if one of its trucks is involved in a crash a company will quickly arrive at the scene and try to build a record to prove its driver was not at fault and was not breaking any rules or regulations. You need someone on your side immediately to look out for the interests of you and your family.
Our attorneys work aggressively with experts to help uncover the facts that lead to you or your family member’s injuries. They work with experts to prove that the driver of the truck was not following the rules of the road. This could include the following:
- Negligent or inadequate training of drivers
- Equipment problems or inadequate equipment
- Failure to comply with laws on maximum hours for drivers
- Failure to keep an up to date and accurate drivers log
- Excess speed
- Heavy loads
Dangerous roadways are often a contributing factor in trucking accidents. Where sharp, unmarked curves, water pooling, potholes, and other hazards can be difficult for any vehicle to negotiate, the risk of accidents increases when a cab pulling one or more trailers encounters these conditions. When the attorneys at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. discover road conditions and other factors contributed to an accident, we take all allowable legal action to hold parties responsible for the conditions liable for the accident.
Truck Accident Statistics
The below data was found on: United States Department of Transportation (USDOT):
- There are approximately 500,000 truck accidents each year
- From these accidents, there are approximately 5,000 deaths each year
- Only about 2% of the truck collision fatalities each year are truck drivers, and the other approximately 98% are the individuals in passenger vehicles, or non-occupants such as cyclists and pedestrians
- One in eight traffic fatalities involves a truck collision
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident contact our office today at 866-785-5470 for a free legal consultation. Don’t wait to call. If you wait, valuable evidence may go missing or even be destroyed. After hiring the experienced car accident attorneys at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A., we will preserve all of the important pieces of evidence for you. Don’t wait any longer. Contact us today and we will help you get the compensation you deserve.