Daytona Beach Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Spinal cord injury occurs when there is any damage to the spinal cord that blocks communication between the brain and the body. After a spinal cord injury, a person’s sensory, motor and reflex messages are affected and may not be able to get past the damage in the spinal cord. In general, the higher on the spinal cord the injury occurs, the more dysfunction the person will experience. Injuries are referred to as complete or incomplete, based on whether any movement and sensation occurs at or below the level of injury.
Each year approximately 12,000 cases of spinal cord injuries are reported in the U.S. Of those 12,000 cases, 38.3% of persons who sustain a spinal cord injury report incomplete tetraplegia as a result of their injury. 16.9% of cases result in complete tetraplegia. Persons with tetraplegia have sustained injuries to one of the eight cervical segments of the spinal cord. 22.9% of spinal cord injuries result in complete paraplegia, and 21.5% result in incomplete paraplegia. Person with paraplegia have lesions in the thoracic, lumbar, or sacral regions of the spinal cord as a result of their injury.
The experienced Daytona Beach spinal cord injury lawyers at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. have served many individuals with serious injuries. We understand that when a serious accident happens, the injured victims must concentrate on healing, and rely on their attorneys to handle the complex legal issues.
Our lawyers handle a range of spinal cord injury claims resulting from workplace accidents, including those involving:
- Nerve damage
- Tingling in limbs
- Back and neck pain
- Restricted mobility
- Muscle atrophy
The most common causes of spinal cord injury in the United States are car accidents, falls, acts of violence; sports-related accidents and diseases.
- Car accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. About fifty percent of all spinal cord injuries are the result of a car accident. Our Daytona Beach car accident lawyers are prepared to help you receive compensation for all injuries.
- About twenty percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall. Falls are also the leading cause of spinal cord injury to individuals older than age 65.
- Violent acts, such as gunshot and knife wounds, cause about fifteen percent of spinal cord injuries.
- About ten percent of spinal cord injuries result from recreational and sports-related accidents. Such accidents include high impact sports and diving in shallow water.
- Most other spinal cord injuries are caused by diseases such as cancer, cysts on the spinal cord, infections, inflammation of the spinal cord, multiple sclerosis, cervical spondylosis and arthritis. Some spinal cord injuries are also related to drug and alcohol abuse.
How a Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Can Help
If you have sustained a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s carelessness, you may be entitled to money damages such as:
- Payment for past and future medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Loss of past and future income and earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Other expenses related to the incident
No one can take back what happened. But when a spinal cord injury is the consequence of someone else’s negligence, victims may be able to seek compensation to care for their injuries. If you or a loved one has injured your spinal cord because of someone else’s negligence contact the experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. today for a free consultation. Call us at 866-785-5470. We will work with medical experts to determine the exact nature of your spinal cord injury and anticipated costs. We will aggressively pursue full compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Not all personal injury law firms have the resources and extensive experience necessary to prosecute a severe injury case successfully.The Daytona Beach spinal cord injury lawyers at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. will help you get the compensation you deserve successfully fight your spinal cord injury case.