Daytona Beach Sex Crime Lawyer
In Florida, sex crimes range from light offenses considered misdemeanors to serious offenses categorized as felonies. Whether the crime charged is a misdemeanor or a felony, the social stigma and personal embarrassment imposed on persons convicted of these crimes (sex offenders) leave lasting damage to reputations and careers.
At the law firm of Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A., our Daytona Beach sex crime lawyers understand the serious nature of sex crime allegations and the severe consequences of a conviction. With years of experience, our defense lawyers have the skills to address even the most serious charges. By carefully examining your case, we build a defense strategy that offers you the best chances of avoiding a conviction.
We have represented clients facing a wide range of sex crime allegations including:
- Child molestation – A child molester is any older child or adult who touches a child for his or her own sexual gratification. Child molestation is the act of sexually touching a child. A child is a girl or boy who is 13 years of age or younger.
- Sexual conduct with a minor – A person over the age of eighteen commits sexual conduct with a minor by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person less than eighteen years of age.
- Luring a minor – It is a crime for an adult to lure (or attempt to lure) a child younger than 12 years old to any structure or location for an unlawful purpose. Increased penalties apply to defendants who are 18 or older who have previously been convicted of this crime.
- Sexual exploitation of a minor – Sexual exploitation is the sexual abuse of children and youth through the exchange of sex or sexual acts for drugs, food, shelter, protection, other basics of life, and/or money. Sexual exploitation includes involving children and youth in creating pornography and sexually explicit websites.
- Child pornography – Child pornography is illegal under both Florida and federal law, and is a serious criminal offense. The possession of any images that depict a person under the age of 18 that are sexual in nature is punishable by prison time and registration as a sex offender. Sharing and/or producing child pornography is a separate and even more serious offense and carries much harsher punishments.
- Sexual assault – is any involuntary sexual act in which a person is coerced or physically forced to engage against their will, or any non-consensual sexual touching of a person.
- Prostitution – in Florida is legally defined as the giving or receiving of the body for sexual activity for hire. In simpler terms, it is engaging in sex for money.
- Solicitation of Prostitution – The mere agreement or offer to complete a sexual act in exchange for a fee (i.e. money) is enough to support a solicitation charge. This also means that both parties to the agreement – the person offering a sexual service and the person accepting the service, can be charged with prostitution.
Defending against a sex crime allegation is one of the most demanding challenges that a Florida Criminal Defense Attorney can undertake. Prosecutors, police, family members, friends and even judges can seem to line up against you. People often assume you are guilty just because you have been accused of a crime. Sex crime cases are difficult to defend and you should not trust an inexperienced attorney to handle them. Fortunately, the attorneys at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. are here to help.
Contact Our Daytona Beach Sex Crime Lawyers
Being convicted of a sex offense in Florida means more than just a fine and doing community service. A sex offense conviction can result in a lengthy prison sentence and registration on the Florida Public Sex Offender Registry. Even the mere accusation of sexual misconduct can severely damage an individual’s standing in the community and may adversely affect his or her employment status and home life. Sexual misconduct accusations can be made by anyone regardless of whether any physical evidence exists and are often pursued by overzealous prosecutors. The sex offense attorneys at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. have the experience and proven track record in defending individuals being investigated or charged with sex offenses and have built reputation for high quality criminal defense in all areas of Florida. Our defense team is not afraid to confront local judges and prosecutors in our aggressive defense to protect our clients’ rights and secure their freedom.
If you have been charged with a sex crime, contact the Daytona Beach sex crime lawyers at Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. today for a free consultation.