Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Daytona Beach Injury Lawyer
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
Google Translate Schedule Your Case
Evaluation Now!
Daytona Beach Lawyers > Daytona Beach Personal Injury > Daytona Beach Dram Shop Liability Lawyer

Daytona Beach Dram Shop Liability Lawyer

When an intoxicated driver causes an accident, they must be held accountable. That being said, a drunk driver may not be the only party who bears liability for a crash. In Florida, the business or entity that provided the alcohol may also be responsible for a victim’s injuries. These are called “dram shop liability cases”—and they are notoriously complex.

At Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A., our Daytona Beach dram shop liability lawyers fight aggressively to protect the rights and interests of injured victims. If you or your loved one was injured in a DUI accident that occurred after a bar or restaurant negligently provided alcohol to the intoxicated driver, we are here to help. To set up a free, no obligation review of your case, please call our Daytona Beach law office today.

Florida Dram Shop Laws: What You Need to Know

Florida has narrow dram shop laws. Indeed, businesses that sell or furnish alcohol to another party are generally not liable for property damage or injuries caused by the intoxicated person (Florida Statutes § 768.125). However, there are some exceptions. A bar, restaurant, or other vendor may be liable for a drunk driving accident if:

  1. They sold or furnished alcohol to an underage person; or
  2. They sold or furnished alcohol to a habitual drinker.

It should be noted that Florida does not extend its dram shop laws to “social hosts”. You generally cannot hold a private person liable for giving alcohol to a minor—though that person may have committed a crime. Further, bars and restaurants are generally not liable simply for serving a visibility intoxicated person. Unlike in many other states, Florida will only hold vendors liable if that intoxicated person was known to be a habitual drinker.

Compensation for DUI Accident Victims

Through a successful personal injury claim, DUI accident victims can recover financial compensation for the full extent of their damages. Our Florida dram shop lawyers have the skills and legal knowledge needed to help you maximize your recovery. Depending on your case, you may be eligible to recover financial support for:

  • Emergency medical care;
  • Medical bills and expenses;
  • Physical therapy;
  • Mental health counseling;
  • Loss of current and future wages;
  • Pain and suffering;
  • Permanent disfigurement or impairment; and
  • Wrongful death of a family member. 

How Our Florida Dram Shop and Social Host Liability Attorneys Can Help

Holding a bar, restaurant, or any other third party liable for a drunk driving accident can be challenging. You need an experienced attorney on your side. At Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A., we are a full-service personal injury firm committed to getting the best possible outcome for our clients. Among other things, our Florida dram shop law attorneys are prepared to:

  • Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your case;
  • Answer questions and explain your rights/options;
  • Investigate the accident, determining exactly what happened and why;
  • Gather and prepare your medical bills and other records;
  • Identify all defendants whose negligence contributed to the accident;
  • Handle all correspondence with insurance adjusters; and
  • Prepare a well-supported, persuasive dram shop liability claim. 

Call Our Daytona Beach Dram Shop Lawyers Today

At Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A., our Florida dram shop liability lawyers are experienced, effective advocates for clients. If you or your loved one was injured or killed in a DUI accident and you have questions about dram shop laws or social host liability, we are here to help.

For a free, strictly confidential review of your personal injury claim, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm today. With an office in Daytona Beach, we represent injured victims throughout North Florida, including in Volusia County, Flagler County, Brevard County, and Saint Johns County.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn