Spring Break Accidents and Injuries
If you are one of the thousands coming to Daytona Beach, Florida for spring break, “Welcome.” We hope you enjoy your stay and don’t leave with anything more serious than a hangover. Unfortunately, many college students injure themselves during spring break, either because of their own misjudgments or because of someone else’s conduct. Depending on the circumstances, you might be able to receive financial compensation for your injuries, but you need to meet with a Daytona Beach personal injury lawyer first.
Common Ways Visitors Get Injured
In some cases, foolish behavior may lead to injuries. That being said, many accidents will be someone else’s fault, or their negligence will contribute to your injury. For example, you might suffer an injury at the hands of the following:
- Negligent property owners. Hotels, motels, and private property owners owe visitors a duty to keep their property reasonably safe. This means they must fix any hazard they know about (or should have known about), or they must warn you about hazards if they cannot fix them. When property owners fail to satisfy their duty to keep the property safe, you can suffer a serious injury.
- Dangerous vehicle operators. You might get struck by a car, truck, or other vehicle. If the driver operated the vehicle negligently, you can sue them for compensation.
- Criminals. Violent crime is a fact of life, even at Daytona Beach. Criminals can assault or sexually assault visitors, causing physical and emotional injuries.
Common Spring Break Injuries
A bad accident can leave you in tremendous pain and in the hospital. For example, you might suffer:
- Cuts, scrapes, or lacerations
- Broken bones
- Concussions or other traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Accident victims might also suffer emotional distress, especially after a battery or sexual assault. For example, you might suffer from any of the following emotions:
Emotional injuries are just as serious as physical ones, and the lawyers at Bundza & Rodriguez are skilled at obtaining compensation for your emotional scars as well as your visible physical ones. We have helped countless clients receive the pain and suffering and emotional distress damages that they deserve.
Legal Help Is Available
The legal system is complex, especially if you don’t live in Florida and need to leave the state to return to school. If you think someone else is to blame for your injury, you will need an aggressive personal injury lawyer who can fully investigate your case and hold at-fault parties responsible. Contact Bundza & Rodriguez today for a free consultation.