Protecting Yourself Against Personal Injuries When Attending Events In Daytona Beach
February is a busy month in Daytona Beach. In addition to the Daytona 500, there are other major races and motorsport events during the month, followed by the Daytona Beach Bike Week in March. While these provide plenty of fun for both locals and visitors, it is important to be aware of the risks. Accidents happen in a variety of ways, resulting in serious personal injuries. Our Daytona Beach personal injury attorneys want you to be aware of the dangers and the steps you can take to prevent yourself.
Common Types of Accidents At Daytona Beach Events
The Daytona Beach International Speedway hosts a number of prestigious events, attracting people from all over. In addition to the iconic Daytona 500 Nascar Cup series, there are sponsored races, rallies, and motorsport activities held each month throughout the year. These are major attractions, drawing in large crowds. Unfortunately, this makes accidents and injuries more likely to happen. Among the most common include:
- Car accidents: Heavy traffic, numerous distractions, and reckless driving make car accidents more likely to happen.
- Motorcycle accidents: Riders on two wheels need to use an abundance of caution. Other driver’s often engage in dangerous and aggressive behaviors, such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing, which put you at risk.
- Pedestrian accidents: When walking in Daytona Beach, stay on sidewalks and to be alert when crossing intersections. Never assume drivers will stop to let you pass.
- Slips and falls: One of the most common causes of personal injuries, these can happen in any public place. They often occur in crowded conditions and due to wet floors, cluttered aisles, uneven walkways, and a lack of proper lighting or handrails.
Protecting Yourself Against Personal Injuries
Whether you are visiting the City of Daytona Beach or live in the area, it is important to take some basic precautions to protect yourself against personal injuries. These include:
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Avoid dangerous driving behaviors, such as going too fast for conditions or following other driver’s too closely.
- Pay attention on the road, whether you are a driver, motorcyclist, or pedestrian.
- Avoid getting behind the wheel or walking while under the influence, which increases accident risks.
- Wear the appropriate shoes when attending activities, keeping in mind you may be walking on a variety of surfaces.
- Stick to designated walkways and main areas at events, and avoid going anywhere roped off or under construction.
- Take your time both when walking or driving, as being in a hurry makes you more likely to make dangerous mistakes.
Contact Us Today for Help
Bundza & Rodriguez, P.A. has decades worth of experience representing people who suffer personal injuries and provides the professional legal representation you need when accidents happen. To find out how we can help get you the compensation you need to recover, call or contact our Daytona Beach personal injury attorneys online and request a consultation today.