Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Daytona Beach Injury Lawyer
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
Google Translate Schedule Your Case
Evaluation Now!
Daytona Beach Lawyers > Blog > Property Damage / Insurance > What Can You Do If Your Insurer Denies Your Property Damage Claim?

What Can You Do If Your Insurer Denies Your Property Damage Claim?


It is an unfortunate but true fact that insurance companies often deny property damage claims in Daytona Beach. This is frustrating for homeowners who have regularly paid their insurance premiums only to learn that the insurance company denied their claim when they needed coverage the most. Sometimes, these denials are warranted but other times, you can fight back against the denial. Below, our Daytona Beach residential property damage lawyer explains what you can do if your claim has been denied.

Understand the Reason for Denial 

The first step to take after an insurance claim denial is to carefully read the letter the insurance company sent you. It is most recommended that you speak to a property damage lawyer who can review the letter and examine the reason for denial. Your claim may have been denied for improper or unfair reasons, and a lawyer can outline what options you have. If the insurer did not have valid reason to deny your claim, a lawyer can also help you fight the denial.

Collect All Relevant Evidence 

If, after reviewing your insurance policy, you determine that you should receive coverage, it is important to collect any evidence of the damage. This may include photos, videos, estimates of repairs, and any receipts you received for purchases you made to mitigate the damage. If you do not have this evidence, it can be very difficult to obtain the full coverage you deserve.

Contact Your Insurer Again 

After determining that you do deserve coverage, you should contact the insurance company again. You may have new evidence that proves your claim, or the adjuster who reviewed your case may have undervalued or miscalculated your losses. You are allowed to ask the insurance company to reevaluate your claim, but they are under no obligation to do so. It is typically best to let a property damage lawyer communicate with the insurer on your behalf.

Submit a Complaint 

You may be able to file a complaint with the Florida Department of Financial Services. A lawyer can also advise on whether this is a suitable option in your case. If so, you can file a complaint online. When filing a complaint, you will need the following information:

  • Home insurance policy number
  • Full name of your insurance company
  • Claim number
  • A paragraph explaining why the complaint is being filed

The explanation you provide will become public record. As such, it is important to be polite and concise. You can also include a copy of your denial letter or other evidence with your submission.

Our Residential Property Damage Lawyer in Daytona Beach Can Fight Your Denial 

If your insurance coverage has been denied, you may be able to fight back against it. At Bundza & Rodriguez, our Daytona Beach residential property damage lawyer can help you do it so you obtain the full and fair coverage you deserve. Call or text us now at 386-252-5170 or chat with us online to book a free consultation.



Facebook Twitter LinkedIn